Risk Management | Articles
10 tactics to bolster your business
With 2021 underway, many have high hopes of a better year ahead
With 2021 underway, many have high hopes of a better year ahead. The pandemic continues to dictate the near-term direction for households, businesses and the economy. But the arrival of coronavirus vaccines and hopes of more pandemic relief from governments offer reason for optimism.
It may be a long and arduous road to a full recovery from COVID-19. But to help your business survive challenging times and maximize a year of great expectations, we’ve crafted a blueprint of ten tactics to help grow your business. For more information on growth sectors, long-term forecasts and what to expect from the rest of 2021, download our 2021 Industry Outlook eGuide.
Top ten strategy tips for business growth:
- Build customer relationships for the long haul: Help your customers survive the hard times and flourish when things turn the corner by offering value-add advise and business building opportunities.
- Social media outreach: Do you measure social media engagement? Real-time connections through social media can help get the word out for customer-friendly deals or sales.
- Join online networking events: Even if in-person conferences were your go-to tactic, you can replicate networking events for a digital alternative. Remember, it may be some time before in-person meetings return.
- Consider rewards or loyalty programs: Rewarding customers for their loyalty is a great way to build the lasting relationships that companies covet.
- Form strategic alliances: Partner with others whose credibility and expertise can benefit your business. You can build both your customer bases and offer something new.
- Widen your international reach: Consider untapped international marketplaces to expand your product.
- Take advantage of affordable loan rates: Major central banks have slashed their benchmark lending rates to help nurse their pandemic-hit economies back to health. Many interest rates are at or near all-time lows, making it an opportune time to borrow, spend and invest.
- Give back to the community: Consider hosting webinars and share any survival tactics of your own that kept your company afloat during the global downturn.
- Know your core customer: Since the customer is king, know what drives them, makes them tick and keeps them coming back.
- 5-star customer service: First-rate customer service can set your business apart from the competition and help lead to long-term and loyal relationships.
As business owners wait for the economy to recover, small or inexpensive actions can make a big difference to cash flow and adaptability. “There’s a compelling list of reasons for companies to be optimistic about 2021,” says Joe Manimbo, Senior Market Analyst for Western Union Business Solutions. “The pandemic caused unprecedented economic damage and posed a host of challenges for business. Yet it also opened a door of opportunities that were previously unimaginable, something these tactics highlight.”