Compliance and Legal
Western Union Business Solutions is a business unit of the Western Union Company and provides services in Spain through the Spanish branch of Western Union’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Western Union International Bank GmbH, a bank authorised and registered in Austria.
Western Union International Bank GmbH, Spain Branch
Western Union International Bank GmbH, Sucursal en España (WUIB) is registered with the Madrid Commercial Registry under Volume 40254, Sheet M-715190, and Page 86 and the Bank of Spain under number 1575 for the purpose of providing services in Spain. Its registered office is located at calle Beatriz de Bobadilla 14, 28040 Madrid (España) and its tax identification number (NIF) is W0058354B.
Western Union International Bank GmbH (WUIB) qualifies as a financial advisor in the meaning of EU Regulation 2019/2088 on Sustainability related Disclosure Requirements in the Financial Services Sector (‘SFDR”). WUIB does not qualify as a market participant in the meaning of SFDR. WUIB neither issues, sells nor provides advice with regards to Financial Products in the meaning of SFDR.
Therefore SFDR rules addressing market participants and financial products do not apply on WUIB at the moment.
Tel: +34 9009 33217
- Terms and Conditions
Please click here to access WUIB’s Terms and Conditions.
- Financial Services Guide
Please click here to access WUIB’s Financial Services Guide, which will provide you with general information about WUIB and the services it provides.
- Product Disclosure Statements
1. Please click here to access WUIB’s Product Disclosure Statement for Foreign Exchange Option Products. This Product Disclosure Statement provides you with a detailed description of the types and characteristics of the products and financial instruments WUIB offers, as well as the associated risks and costs.
2. Please click here to access WUIB’s Product Disclosure Statement for Foreign Exchange Translation. This Product Disclosure Statement provides you with a detailed description of the types and characteristics of the structured options products WUIB offers, as well as the associated risks and costs.
- Deposit Protection Scheme
Please click here to access WUIB’s information sheet for depositors.
- Key Information Documents - OTC Financial Derivatives
Pursuant to the requirements of Regulation (EU) No 1286/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council on key information documents for packaged retail and insurance-based investment products ("PRIIPsRegulation"), WUIB has prepared a standardised short form disclosure document (a Key Information Document or KID) for certain of its foreign exchange products. The Key Information Document illustrates the type of product and its characteristics, the hedging purposes, the advantages and disadvantages, the risks as well as the potential costs of buying and selling before the expiry and possible revenues in different market scenarios. Please click here to access the KIDs.
- Forward Contract Fee Disclosure
Please click here to access WUIB’s Forward Contract Fee Disclosure document, which explains the costs and charges that may be incurred when entering into Forward Contracts with WUIB.
If you are a business customer and have a complaint, please visit WUIB's Complaints page.
Please click here to access WUIB’s Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement describes how WUIB collects, transfers, uses, and discloses personal information that it obtains from you when visiting and/or using this website, or that WUIB otherwise collects in connection with enrolling or providing services to its customers.
- PSD2 Open Banking Solution
For Third Party Providers, please click here to obtain information on how to integrate with WUIB.